__________________________________
Dear marginalia84,
Please send a copy of the paper you gave at the recent AAA Annual meeting to Dr. Leonard Plotnicov, Anthropology Dept., University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA 15260 or by email to (xxxxx). He will be grateful to receive it.
Leonard Plotnicov
___________________________________________
A quick Google search revealed that Lynn Lanz is the Anthro department secretary at Pitt and Dr. Plotnicov teaches in the department. His research interests (African political systems, CBDs) aren't very close to mine. He is, however, the editor of the journal Ethnology. This makes me think that perhaps he is interested in considering the paper for publication. I wonder if he was one of the approximately 15 people in my audience at the AAA? If so, why didn't he speak to me at the conference rather than waiting almost a month to get in touch with me? And if he didn't hear the paper, then why would he be interested in it?
I am nervous about sending in the paper. It is in somewhat rough form; I was planning to polish it up a bit over the break and then look for places to try to publish it. But perhaps I should send what I have, making it clear that it's a draft copy, and then see if I'm asked to revise it.
I am intrigued by the fact that the request came out of the blue, and that it came from somebody with a name like a minor James Bond character. I have a nervous fluttery feeling, but don't want to get too excited about anything- after all, I don't know if this might result in getting the piece published, or if that's even Plotnicov's intent. We shall see...
How absolutely exciting! Keep us updated!
ReplyDelete