Well, I'm back (to quote my all-time-fave LOTR character, Sam Gamgee). The past few weeks have been a bit of a blur, what with re-adjusting to this time zone, moving back into my house, and starting classes (both taking them and teaching them). I've been trying to figure out some witty/meaningful way to write about the end of my summer in Nepal, but haven't been able to pull it off (hope this is not a foreshadowing of my eventual dissertation-writing process. So, in the meantime, I would like to introduce you to a website which I happily stumbled across today: Better Book Titles (can you tell that I like parenthetical asides?)
Here are a few of my faves:
I knew there was something creepish about the Babar books!
My devotion to E.M. Forster (and particularly Room with a View) continues unabated...
HAHAHAHAHAHA! Btw, I love how they re-publish this book every few years with a different picture on the front so that the mom-to-be is always relatively fashionably dressed. Actually, I bet that studying how this book has changed (and not changed) over the years would be a great socio-historical project on American beliefs about childbirth. Anybody looking for a dissertation topic? You're welcome.
I finally read Anna Karenina this summer- really liked it. She did need a sassy gay friend though. I would have loved to see how Tolstoy wrote that character.
And with that, I shall say good night.
Here are a few of my faves:
I knew there was something creepish about the Babar books!
My devotion to E.M. Forster (and particularly Room with a View) continues unabated...
HAHAHAHAHAHA! Btw, I love how they re-publish this book every few years with a different picture on the front so that the mom-to-be is always relatively fashionably dressed. Actually, I bet that studying how this book has changed (and not changed) over the years would be a great socio-historical project on American beliefs about childbirth. Anybody looking for a dissertation topic? You're welcome.
I finally read Anna Karenina this summer- really liked it. She did need a sassy gay friend though. I would have loved to see how Tolstoy wrote that character.
When I was a kid, I remember that this book (The Indian In The Cupboard) made me uncomfortable for pretty much this reason...
Gotta love the pic of Siggy with a cigar.
I love Salinger in general and I love Franny and Zooey in particular, but whoever came up with this caption totally nailed it.
Mrs. Dalloway by Virginia Woolf. Love it.





Love stuff like this!
ReplyDelete