Wednesday, May 4, 2011

"Productive" procrastination

Things I did this afternoon/evening rather than finishing my paper:

- locked myself out of the house (ok, not so productive)
- took a 2.5 hr nap (to make up for a string of 5-6 hr nights of sleep recently, and to counter a bad headache)
- wrote profile for housing co-op website
- caught up on various e-mails
- calculated students' final participation grades for the semester (this one actually was pretty legit in terms of productivity)
- whined to sister/classmate//housemates that my brain is on strike, I'm over this semester, etc etc
- looked up the regulations on getting a visa to Lebanon (I do need one but can get it at the airport, as it turns out)
- bought a sleeve for my Kindle (the pretty black-and-white one, not the boring black one)
- ate a bowl of cereal
- experienced sudden and unexplained loss of Internet
- spent half an hour trying to remedy said loss of Internet (instead of just accepting it as a sign from the universe that I should, you know, write my paper)
- suddenly and inexplicably regained use of Internet; therefore, wrote a blog post immediately.

Seriously, I already have an outline and 8 pages of notes for this 10-page paper; I need to just write it, already!

No comments:

Post a Comment