Wednesday, January 5, 2011

A New Year of Anthropology

Currently enjoying a relaxing time in California catching up with friends. It's still two weeks until the semester starts, but I'm easing myself back into school mode by taking care of a few school-related chores each day. Today, for instance, I ordered all my books for the spring semester and started backing up all of my computer files with Carbonite (grad school insurance policy!) Tonight or tomorrow, whenever I get to it, I'll be submitting the article I presented at AAA for publication consideration. I gotta tell you, I love vacations :-)

Here's a little something to ring in the anthropological New Year from Saturday Morning Breakfast Comics:



http://www.smbc-comics.com/?db=comics&id=1480#comic

And a word of encouragement to those of us who are in school: just keep eating.



http://www.smbc-comics.com/index.php?db=comics&id=1528#comic

Actually, if the bearded guy in this second comic describes the belief in the ingestion of abilities as "ridiculous" and "physically impossible," then I doubt he knows anything about anthropology. The shirtless guys with faux-hawks probably won't learn anything from eating his bones.

Happy 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment